There are a number of applications for in-line plasma treatment in the production solar modules. Plasma Treatment is most often used as a green technology to clean surfaces. In-line plasma treatment is highly effective and removing organic contaminants to promote adhesion for a variety of applications. Below are some resources which provide more information on the use of plasma treatment in the manufacturing of solar modules.
- Enercon is offering a Free Webinar on the uses of atmospheric plasma treatment on both rigid and flexible materials used in the photovoltaic industry. You can either view this free webinar on-demand or watch a video preview of this plasma treatment webinar. You can download the presentation handout (PDF) from this webinar, too.
- A technical article on plasma treatment for the solar industry was written by Rory Wolf in Global Solar Magazine. The article begins on page 10.
- Follow this link for an overview of thin film solar applications where plasma treatment can improve layer adhesion
- Another application that atmospheric plasma treatment is ideal for is securly bonding reactive hot-melt silicone (100% silicone) with polycarbonate junction boxes and the glass or aluminum frames of photovoltaic modules. Learn how to improve silicone bonding with atmoshperic plasma.
- If you have an idea for using in-line atmospheric plasma treatment for a solar application please leave us a comment or send an an e-mail to Ask the Expert.
- Have a question? It could be a commonly asked one. Check out our forum designed to cover your questions, and application issues and/or solutions.